Call To Artists: Pollination! At Dandelion
When?Start time: Sunday 11:00pm (19 November)
End time: Sunday 11:00pm (03 December)
Pollination! - Curators Natassia Dudack and Theresa Touhey
Honor Pollinators through Art. To find out what qualifies as a pollinator, please check out this Wikipedia article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollinator
Deadline: Sunday December 3rd, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Hang Up Art - December 10th at 6:00 PM
Artists Reception - Wednesday December 13th, 2017 at 7:00 PM until 10:00 PM
***Pick Up Art- Sunday February 4th, 2018 at 6 PM sharp!
Important: Read Everything before submitting and put dates and times into your calendar.
Pollination! Theme and Requirements:
• Theme… art represents a pollinator or pollinators. Can be just of the pollinator or the pollinator in action.
• All art must be 2D and can hang on our wiring system
• Only submit art that has not been on display in Dandelion previously
• Art should be 12"X12" or larger but should not exceed 48" wide x 36" high . (See below for small art board requirements)
• Paintings should be on gallery wrapped canvas and wired OR photography, drawings, paintings, etc that are not on wrapped canvas should be framed and/or framed and matted and wired. (Plastic frames are discouraged for art on the walls.)
Please note that art that is delivered to the show and is not professionally finished will not be hung in the show. All decisions made by the curator(s) is final.
• Deadline to submit to the show is Sunday December 3rd, 2017 (Complete the form https://goo.gl/forms/iKSwQZBFo6kNIAzs2 and then send digital submissions to email@example.com per the form instructions)
• Art will be delivered and hung at Dandelion at 6:00 PM sharp on Sunday, December 10th
• Artist reception is Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 from 7 until 10 PM
• This will be a 2 month show. Art pick up is Sunday, February 4th, 2018 at 6 PM sharp.
• Complete the form https://goo.gl/forms/iKSwQZBFo6kNIAzs2 and then Email your digital submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject of email- Pollination! and your artists name
Body- Names of your art
Attach digital photos of your art work. All other information is captured in the form.
• All work MUST be family friendly. Ensure your art is original and your own. Post questions in the comments below so that Natassia and Theresa can reply. Do NOT send questions through email because we won't see them.
• Only send in your submissions if you can do the following:
Drop off and hang your work at Dandelion on Sunday evening December 10th at 6:00 PM
Attend the artists reception on Wednesday December 13th between 7 and 10 PM
Pick up your art at 8 AM on Sunday February 4th at 6 PM… (Remember...you can always have someone pick up the art for you)
Promote the event heavily through social media (link will be provided) and invite your friends and family and everyone you know!
Ensure that your 2D art will be wired and professionally finished for the show (If you are new to submitting your art, there are tons of youtube videos that review how to wire your art and prep your work for an art show.)
Additional information for the small art board:
-Pieces for the small art board MUST be 5x7 or less, total size. Measure your frames to make sure they don't exceed 5x7. If the piece is 5x7 you'll need a front loading frame, which are the best suited frames for the board anyhow. You can get them at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, etc. All art must be able to hang comfortably on a pushpin.
-pieces do not have to fit the theme but bonus points if they do!
-Just like everything else at Dandy, pieces must be family-friendly.
-Total price must be $40 or less. 25% commission for dandy still applies.
-Submissions for the small board are separate from the submissions for the walls, meaning you can submit 3 pieces for the show and still submit for the board. Please submit no more than 3 pieces for the board, if accepted some may be kept as back ups if your other pieces sell. Both prints and originals are accepted.
-Please keep in mind that due to the location of the board within dandelion there is a certain amount of risk of pieces being knocked off by patrons. Several frames were broken during its initial run. We recommend using cheap frames that are fairly flat.
Events around Dandelion Communitea Cafe
Sound Healing Meditation w/ Beautiful Chorus
Monday 8:00pm (18 December)
Cycles of Life: Herbs for Women
Tuesday 6:30pm (12 December)
Florida School of Holistic Living, Orlando
Foundational Herbcraft: Western Herbalism with Jim McDonald
Friday 10:00am (22 June)
Florida School of Holistic Living, Orlando
Bestial Mouths / Von Nacht / Ootheca / Burnt Hair
Sunday 9:00pm (03 December)
BAD EXAMPLE + BURNING STARE + PROBLEM PACK + TBA
Wednesday 9:00pm (10 January)
Uncle Lou's Entertainment Hall, Orlando
Pictures of Vernon, Expert Timing, Cool Grandma, & Trendy Dog
Friday 9:00pm (05 January)
The Falcon, Orlando
Alex returns to Dexters Thornton Park
Thursday 6:30pm (07 December)
Dexter's Restaurants of Orlando, Orlando