Spartan Race Tri-State New Jersey Super
When?Start time: Saturday 7:30am (04 November)
End time: Sunday 5:00pm (05 November)
The Reebok Spartan Super: This is our middle distance course. With a longer distance than the Sprint and more obstacles, the Super will test your endurance, perseverance and grit. The 8-10 Mile Super packs more than 25 Signature Spartan Obstacles through tougher and more rugged terrain. The Super is the test en route to your Spartan TRIFECTA.
Spartan Race and mountainous terrain go hand-in-hand. Luckily, for Spartans of the Northeast there’s Mountain Creek -- home to the largest ski mountain in New Jersey. As with any mountain course, you’re guaranteed to see it all: peaks and valleys, slopes and climbs, ropes and walls, Spartan Kids and Spartan Pros. Discover what it means to be a Spartan and meet others as you battle toward one common goal: the finish line.
As is par for mountain courses, you’ll be sent up and down -- a lot -- thankfully there’s the reward of a view from the outstanding heights. Come prepared for the unexpected in the weather department… mountain weather is notoriously unpredictable. Spartans always come prepared. If this if your first time on a Spartan Race course don’t underestimate how long you’ll be out there. Be sure to bring enough to fuel you through the course. Some things are certain: there will be rope climbs, there will be barbed wire, and there will be heavy carries. No one likes 30 burpees and that’s why it’s wise to train hard, train well and be prepared to conquer each and every obstacle.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Vernon Peak has 1,040 feet of vertical, with a base of 440 feet and a summit elevation of 1,480 feet with plenty of room to go up and then back down countless times.
2. Treat yourself to some extra time to sleep in by staying onsite at Mountain Creek. The Appalachian and Black Creek Sanctuary are both good options.
3. Looking for some craft beer and craft food for your post race delight? Check out Eddie’s Roadhouse nearby in Warwick, NJ.
4. Still looking for more action? You can get another kind of adrenaline rush at Zoom Ziplines.
5. Enjoy organic foods at the local craft store: Heaven Hill Farm, a popular stop for hikers of the Appalachian Trail.
Upcoming events at Mountain Creek
Tri-State New Jersey Spartan Race Ultra Beast | 2018
Saturday 7:00am (28 April)
Mountain Creek, Vernon
Events around Mountain Creek
Real Salt Lake vs. Sporting Kansas City At Rio Tinto Stadium
Sunday 2:00pm (22 October)
Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy
The Euro District. April 14th. 2018
Saturday 12:00pm (14 April)
Big Four Station, Jeffersonville
Humanistic Buddhism Lecture "Buddhist Contemplative Psychology"
Sunday 1:30pm (27 August)
San Diego Buddhist Assoc 佛光山西方寺, San Diego
2017 Ochsner Ironman 70.3 New Orleans
Sunday 6:00am (22 October)
Ironman 70.3 New Orleans, New Orleans
Voices For Faith — A Multiple Sclerosis Charity Event
Tuesday 6:00pm (14 November)
Crystal Springs Resort, Hamburg
Glenwood Civil War Skirmish and Living History Weekend
Friday 12:00pm (29 September)
Pochuck Valley Farms, Glenwood
Glenwood Civil War Skirmish and Living History Weekend 2017
Saturday 10:00am (30 September)
Pochuck Valley Farms, Glenwood